CYCLOPEDIA OF NZ 1897

Wellington Province



WANGANUI:

JACKSON, F. R. AND CO.

Page 1407

Jackson, Freeman R., and Co. [F. R. Jackson, and F. A. Krull], Auctioneers, Stock and Station Agents, Office, Victoria Avenue; Yards, St. Hill Street, Wanganui. Telegraphic address, `Jackson, Wanganui.' Telephone 16; P.O. Box 100. Bankers, Bank of New Zealand. Private residences: Mr. Jackson, Riverbank, Telephone 72; Mr. Krull, St. John's Hill, Telephone 74. London agents, Messrs. Hick, Martin and Drysdale. This large business was founded by Mr. F. R. Jackson in 1874, and was conducted by him until 1887, when Mr. Krull joined the firm. The yards at St. Hill Street will accommodate 4000 sheep and 600 head of cattle. At Brassey Street, Waverley, there are commodious yards capable of holding 1000 head of cattle and 4500 sheep. At Ohario Road, Johnsonville, the fat stock sale-yards will hold 150 head of cattle and 1000 sheep, while the Waitotara yards will accommodate 300 head of cattle and 2000 sheep. At all these yards regular sales are held. The firm are agents for the Alliance Fire and Marine Insurance Company, Colonial Mutual Life Assurance Company, the Shaw, Savill and Albion Company, Owen's New Zealand sheep dip, and Piercy's patent fencing. Mr. Jackson has been secretary for the Gas Company for many years, and secretary of the Wanganui Jockey Club for over twenty years.



Return to General Index



Shadows Homepage:

../W-icons/hourglas_thm.jpg